If you are on long-term medication and require a repeat prescription you can submit your request in one of the following ways:
- In person - drop your repeat slip in our request box with the required items clearly marked or ask at reception.
- By telephone - using our dedicated prescription line 0191 295 8521.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. You are able to order your prescription up to 7 days in advance.
Collection and Delivery
- In person - You or a representative on your behalf can collect your prescription from reception.
- Pharmacy - Some pharmacies offer a collection and/or delivery service. Speak to your local pharmacy for more details.
- EPS - You can request your repeat prescription to be sent electronically direct to your pharmacy of choice. This means you can collect your prescription straight from the pharmacy two working days after it was requested.
If you require long-term medication we will request you to have these reviewed annually with one of our GPs or practice Pharmacist. When you are due a medication review a notification will appear on the repeat slip of your prescription. You may also be contacted by the surgery via letter or telephone requesting you book an appointment.
If you are going on holiday you may need to order more medication to ensure you have enough to last whilst you are away. Please remember to order in advance and explain why you require additional medication.
We understand that from time to time you may need to request a prescription urgently because you have run out of medication. In such circumstances we will do our best to accommodate you however, each request will be dealt with at the discretion of the GP. You are able to order your prescription up to 7 days in advance and collect it two working days after your request.